Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How much do I have to sell to remain Active?
A: To remain an active demonstrator, you must have $300 in sales per quarter. You can meet your quarterly minimum by placing your own orders as well as those from friends & family. In addition to your 20% instant income, you will receive Hostess Benefits for any order of $150 or more.
Q: What if I only want to do this as a hobby?
A: Many demonstrators join Stampin’ Up! because they love Stampin’ Up! products and want to take advantage of the value of the Starter Kit and the demonstrator discount. Stampin’ Up! loves all their demonstrators – hobbyist or business builder – and everyone in between! Remember, you can alter your business to suit your needs. It is YOUR business…make it work for you!
Q: Do I have to recruit other demonstrators?
A: No, you do not have to recruit. However, you may find that as you share your passion for Stampin’ Up!, others will want to join you as a demonstrator! It’s wonderful to have new friends to stamp with!
Q: Other than the discount, what benefits would I get from being a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator?
A: In addition to the 20 percent discount on all products you will be able to:
- See and purchase new Stampin’ Up! products first, often at an additional discount;
- Have access to hundreds of project ideas on the Demonstrator Website, a website dedicated to providing you with training and information for your business;
- Receive Stampin’ Success magazine, a monthly magazine filled with project ideas and business training;
- Access Stampin’ Connection, an online community exclusively for Stampin’ Up! demonstrators where you can learn how to grow your business, get fabulous project ideas, or meet other great people just like you!
- Attend Stampin’ Up! events, where you can learn from fellow successful demonstrators and Stampin’ Up! staff;
- Create your own Demonstrator Business Web Site where your customers can see the products and classes you have to offer, and even place orders with you;
- Take advantage of the Stampin’ Start program, which allows you to earn up to nine free stamp sets during the first full six-month period after you join Stampin’ Up! You can earn free stamps through sales, recruiting or both.
- Get an additional 10% off your first order. Your starter kit has supplies you can use to hold your first workshops, but Stampin’ Up! wants to help you get your business off and running! They offer 30 percent instant income on your first workshop, customer or demonstrator order placed within 45 days of the day your starter kit order was recorded at Stampin’ Up! That’s an additional savings of 10 percent!
- Earn Great Rewards: Great Rewards is an incentive program that focuses on your efforts in personal sales and first-level downline promotions. Earn points for sales and recruiting and redeem those points for free product or a Visa Gift Card!
- Earn the Incentive Trip. One of the most exciting and enticing incentives Stampin’ Up! offers is our annual incentive trip. You and a guest can enjoy the company of other stampers while you travel to exotic locations such as Jamaica, St. Thomas, Bermuda, and Hawaii.
Q: What comes in the Starter Kit? Can I change some of the items?
A: The Starter Kit provides a wide assortment of products to help you as you begin your Stampin’ Up! business.
For $175 you’ll receive a Starter Kit with products and business supplies valued at over $340! You can choose either the Standard Starter Kit or the Digital+ Starter Kit. Just look at all that’s included!
You can customize your starter kit – choose different stamp sets, ink and paper – to best serve your needs. I can also help you choose the contents of your starter kit if you wish. You’ll have a wonderful assortment of products to help you begin your Stampin’ Up! business. CLICK HERE for a complete list of the starter kit contents.
Q: How much support can I expect from my you as my upline?
A: My goal as your upline is to help you achieve your goals in any way that I can. It is important to me that you succeed, whether as a hobby demonstrator, someone who wants to earn money to pay for stamps, or as a business builder. I love Stampin’ Up! and I’m in it for the long haul! You can count on me to be there for you to provide training and inspiration. You will also have access to a My Paper Moose Team-only blog where I will provide you with business tips, project ideas, updates on team events, as well as a place where all of my team members can share projects and inspiration.
Q: Where will I get ideas for my workshops?
A: We are so fortunate to have access to Stampin’ Up!’s demonstrator website. It is updated continually with fresh ideas for workshops, cards and projects. Often these projects will come with directions and supply lists…couldn’t be easier! You will also find ideas from fellow demonstrators at Stampin’ Connection, a demonstrator-only online community! And of course you can count on me and your fellow My Paper Moose Teammates to help you out as well!
Q: Does Stampin’ Up! offer training seminars?
A: Stampin’ Up! hosts a yearly national convention in Salt Lake City, normally in late July-early August. It is a wonderful 4 days and shouldn’t be missed!
Leadership convention is another terrific annual event for those at the level of Sr. Supervisor and above.
Q: How do I sign up?
A: You will need to go to my Stampin’ Up! site. Click HERE for detailed directions to join online. Of course, you can always call or email me if you have any additional questions! This is a big decision to make and I want to offer you any support you need in the process!