Welcome to Day 2 of my Witches’ Brew 6×6 Challenge Workshop! Ready to create? Let’s go!
Today’s project is this super fun and really simple card set, complete with matching envelopes! Remember that the basis for each project this week is a set of 6″ x 6″ sheets of Witches’ Brew Designer Series Paper. I wanted to use as much of each sheet of DSP as I could without it overwhelming this project. So I got a little creative with negative space and came up with these cards. And since every card needs an envelope, I used the rest of my DSP to create nice little envelope liners. Now it’s your turn!
You Will Need:
– 6″ x 6″ stack of Witches’ Brew Designer Series Paper (One sheet of each double-sided design, for a total of 6 sheets)
– Three pieces of 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ Whisper White card stock scored at 4-1/4″
– One piece of 3-3/4″ x 5″ Pumpkin Pie card stock
– Two pieces of 3-3/4″ x 5″ Basic Black card stock
– Whisper White card stock for stamping
– Additional Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black card stock for adding trim
– Three Whisper White envelopes
– Envelope Liners Framelits Dies
– Circle Card Thinlits Die Set or a star punch
– Halloween Bash Stamp Set
– Basic Black Classic Stampin’ Pad
– Summer Starfruit Classic Stampin’ Pad
– Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin’ Pad
1. Pick one sheet of 6″ x 6″ Witches’ Brew DSP and trim it to 4″ x 5-1/4″. Adhere to card base.
2. Using the star die from the Circle Card Thinlits Die set, or a star punch if preferred, die cut or punch stars from upper left area of 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of card stock (choose whichever color contrasts the most with the DSP sheet you picked in step 1). Adhere over DSP panel.
3. Cut a 3/4″ x 3-3/4″ strip from the same DSP you used for the card panel. Adhere to card stock panel near the bottom.
4. Cut a 3/8″ x 3-3/4″ strip from matching card stock and adhere over DSP strip like shown.
5. Stamp sentiment in coordinating ink color onto white card stock. Trim and adhere using foam/dimensional tape.
6. Repeat Steps 1-5 to create 2 additional cards.
7. Using the envelopes, die cut or punch the star shape from the center of the envelope flap.
8. With the remaining three sheets of DSP, die cut three envelope liners using the Envelope Liners Framelits Die. Adhere liners to envelopes.
Now you have an eye-catching set of Halloween cards, ready to give or send! And if you don’t want to waste those little stars you die cut from the colored card stock, just adhere them to the inside bottom corner of the cards, like I did below. It just adds a fun little touch to the inside of the cards instead of leaving them blank!
– Use a different stamp image or stamp set for the sentiment panel. Pretty much any option would work great!
– Try adding a little ribbon instead of the DSP and card stock strips I used on these cards.
– Instead of a star, try using other shapes to punch or die cut for your negative space. Maybe you have a bat punch or some other fun design. Try it out!
So, are you surprised yet by how much you can create with just 6 sheets of 6″ DSP squares? It goes a lot further than you would think! And we’ve only covered two projects so far! See how much more you can make tomorrow with some adorably spooky treat holders.
And if you are participating in this 6×6 Challenge, make sure to share your challenge projects online! Just use the hashtag #MPMWB6x6Challenge so others can see what you’ve created! I’d love to see what you come up with!
Until next time…