It’s Day 3 of my Festive Flurry Webbie Workshop Week! And for today we will be stepping away from card making and “wrapping things up” with some handmade gift packaging!
This project has simple beginnings, but the results are stunning. So get out your stamps and ink and get ready to say goodbye to store bought gift wrap! And, as always, I will give you some alternate supply/design options at the end of this post for those of you that don’t have the supplies I used.
You Will Need:
– Plain gift wrap (I used a Kraft merchandise bag, but you can use whatever you have or can find; i.e., a plain gift bag, lunch sack, or plain wrapping paper. Look for rolls of plain wrapping paper at places like Target and WalMart when the holiday season rolls around. They have tons!)
– Whisper White card stock for stamping and die cutting
– One 1″ x 12″ piece of Silver Foil Sheet
– Festive Flurry stamp set
– Festive Flurry Framelits Dies
– 1/8″ Silver Ribbon
– Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin’ Pad
– Island Indigo Classic Stampin’ Pad
– Pool Party Classic Stampin’ Pad
– Smoky Slate Classic Stampin’ Pad
– Designer Rosette Bigz XL Die
– 3/4″ Circle Punch
– White Baker’s Twine
1. Decorate your gift bag or gift wrap by stamping a pattern or design onto it using the Festive Flurry stamp set. There’s no rhyme or reason to this step. Just have fun with it and don’t be afraid to try stamping with different ink colors, even on a colored base.
2. Stamp the large snowflake image from the Festive Flurry set on Whisper White card stock using Bermuda Bay ink. Die cut using the coordinating Framelits die.
3. Stamp the small snowflake image on Whisper White card stock, once in Pool Party and once in Island Indigo ink.
4. Die cut the Pool Party snowflake using the coordinating Framelits Die. Use the 3/4″ Circle Punch to punch out the center of the Island Indigo snowflake. Adhere the punched circle to the center of the Pool Part snowflake using a Stampin’ Dimensional or foam tape.
5. Take your strip of Silver Foil Sheet and run it through your die cutting machine with the Designer Rosette Bigz XL Die. Or score and accordion fold the strip to create a rosette. Adhere to the center of the large snowflake.
6. Adhere small snowflake to center of foil rosette to complete your snowflake gift tag.
7. Punch or pierce a small hole in the snowflake tag and string with white baker’s twine.
Now you have your very own gift wrap set! Just wrap your gift in the stamped gift wrap or bag, tie or embellish with the Silver Ribbon, and add your handmade gift tag! It’s a perfectly coordinated gift wrap set that is sure to have people asking, “You made that?!”
– Try using a different stamp set to decorate your gift wrap. Any image that can be stamped in a repeated and random pattern will make for great gift wrap. Try using the Christmas Collectibles set from the Holiday Catalog for an ornament pattern. Or use the Color Me Christmas set (also from the Holiday Catalog) to stamp some adorable gift wrap for kids! You can literally use any stamp set your heart desires to create your own unique gift wrap that anyone would love.
– Go smaller with the gift tag and use one of the many gorgeous punches and coordinating stamp sets from Stampin’ Up! You can make fabulous and eye catching gift tags without the need for die cutting. Just stamp, punch, and embellish!
– Get away from white and use colored card stock to create your gift tag. Stamp the snowflakes with VersaMark ink and emboss in colors like white or silver on Pool Party or Smoky Slate card stock for the same gift tag with a completely different look!
– Remember that much of my supply list is merely a suggestion! Swap out ink colors. Use different ribbon. Stamp on colored card stock instead of white. Take what you have and adapt each project to make it your own! I’m just here to inspire
Want to save even more time? Buy the Kit!
Get all the consumable materials you need to create this gift wrap and gift tag set with my Festive Flurry Gift Bag and Tag Kit! You will get all the card stock and embellishments that you need to create 5 gift bags and gift tags just like the ones in today’s project. You will even get the kraft merchandise bags to decorate, so you won’t need to hunt down some plain gift wrap or bags to stamp. All you’ll need are the stamp sets, adhesive and tools to turn those supplies into pretty gift wrap that you can customize and make all your own!
Check out the Festive Flurry Workshop Kits Page for details and to see all my Festive Flurry kit options!
I hope you enjoyed today’s workshop project! Tomorrow’s is sure to be a treat 😀
Until next time…Pin It