Festive Flurry Workshop: Banners Card
Welcome to Day Two of my Festive Flurry Webbie Workshop Week! Today’s card is definitely my favorite project of this workshop. It’s a gorgeous card that looks fancy, but is actually really easy to create! Ready to get started?
Remember that I will offer a few design alternative tips at the end of each post. So if you don’t have or want to buy the specific supplies that I used, you can still create this card with a few adjustments!
You Will Need:
- One piece of 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ Whisper White card stock scored at 4-1/4″
- One piece of 4″ x 5-1/4″ Smoky Slate card stock
- Two sheets (or pieces) of Winter Frost DSP
- Whisper White card stock to stamp and die cut
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- Festive Flurry Stamp Set
- Festive Flurry Framelits Dies
- Honeycomb Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- Island Indigo Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Square punch (I used my 1″ square punch, but you can go bigger or smaller depending on what you have)
1. Emboss the Smoky Slate card panel using the Honeycomb embossing folder. Adhere to card base.
2. Cut three strips of Winter Frost DSP to the following dimensions: one 1″ x 4″ strip, one 3/4″ x 3-1/2″ strip, and one 3/4″ x 3″ strip.
3. Use a corner of your square punch to snip the ends of the DSP strips and create the banners. Just slide one end of the strip into a corner of the square punch and punch out a small triangle from the end of the paper strip. This will create that nice end to your banner strip. If you don’t have a square punch, just use some scissors or paper snips to cut the end of the paper strips.
4. Adhere banners to card.
5. Stamp small snowflake image onto Whisper White card stock using Island Indigo ink. Die cut using coordinating Framelits Die.
6. Adhere rhinestones to snowflake. I used the medium rhinestones for the outer points and a small rhinestone for the center of the snowflake.
7. Adhere snowflake to card using foam or dimensional tape.
This card has a few more steps than the last one. But trust me, it’s not as bad as it seems! Give it a try and I’m sure you’ll enjoy creating this card for other occasions besides Christmas!
- Don’t have or want the Festive Flurry Stamp set or framelits dies? Use any other image or shape in place of the snowflake. This layout is perfect for any shape. Try replacing the snowflake with an ornament shape, the Curly Label Punch, or the new Artisan Label punch and coordinating stamp images. Perfect for those of you who don’t have a die cutting machine!
- Try out a different embossing folder to get a new background design for this card. Pretty much any design will work! Don’t have an embossing machine? Try scoring some vertical lines to create stripes. Or just leave the card panel plain and simple. It’s all good and beautiful!
- Recreate this card for other occasions like Valentine’s Day or Halloween. Just switch out the colors, DSP, and stamped image for a quick change up.
Want to save even more time? Buy the Kit!
Get all the consumable materials you need to create this card, and yesterday’s card project, with my Festive Flurry Card Kit! You will get all the card stock, DSP, and embellishments that you need to create 3 each of the 2 card designs in this workshop. All you’ll need are the stamp sets, adhesive and tools to turn those supplies into pretty cards that you can customize and make all your own!
Check out the Festive Flurry Workshop Kits Page for details and to see all my Festive Flurry kit options!
I hope you enjoyed this first installment of my Festive Flurry Webbie Workshop! Make sure to check back tomorrow for a gift wrap project that’s sure to please!