That’s right! The card you are about to see was just published in Card Creations Volume 10, a special issue from Paper Crafts Magazine! I submitted this card to the magazine late last year and received news in December that it was chosen for publication. It was super exciting news for me, especially because that was the first time I had ever submitted anything to a magazine. And now I can finally see my work, and my name, in print! I feel so famous…haha…well, kinda.
I just love how such a simple design can result in such a stunning and beautiful card!
I used the dotted border image and “merry” sentiment from the Tiny Tags set and punched out the design using the Jewelry Tag Punch. The shimmery twine is from Paper Source. I was actually originally planning on just leaving the card with just the stripe pattern, but I’m so glad I added the twine and little tag. That little touch just makes the cards that much more Christmas-y!
To create the stripe pattern, I used 1/2″ strips of Cherry Cobbler card stock that I adhered to a Whisper White base. TIP: To get the stripes spaced out evenly, start by adhering your first strip where you want it. Then use another strip as a spacer, placing it in between the strips that you are gluing down so that each stripe is evenly spaced. Much easier than measuring and marking out your spacing, especially with diagonal stripes like these!
You can find my project on 117 of the magazine. So make sure to go pick up your copy of Card Creations Volume 10 and look for it among the many other gorgeous cards that were chosen for this special issue. Don’t have a copy? Not to worry because I’m giving away a copy right here on my blog!
To celebrate my first time appearing in this Paper Crafts Magazine publication, I’m giving away a FREE copy of Card Creations Volume 10, which is filled with 300 card ideas for 20 different holidays and occasions! But that’s not all! The winner will also receive a FREE One Year Subscription to Paper Crafts Magazine as well! That’s 6 issues of idea-filled magazines aimed to inspire your creativity! Paper Crafts Magazine is my go-to magazine for inspiration and ideas, and I want to share it with you!
To Enter this Giveaway Contest: Leave me a comment on this post and tell me if you’ve ever submitted a project to a magazine for publication (1 entry).
That first one is mandatory. But here are a few more options to get yourself additional entries for even more chances to win!:
- Follow me on Twitter @MyPaperMoose or let me know you’re already a follower (1 entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway — don’t forget to tell me your Twitter name and include @MyPaperMoose in your tweet as well as a link to this post! (2 entries)
- “Like” My Paper Moose on Facebook or let me know you are already a fan. (1 entry)
- Post about this giveaway on your blog and send me the link (3 entries)
That’s eight possible entries. Make sure to leave me a separate comment for each entry option you do so that you get all your entries in!
You will have until 11:59 am EST on Friday, May 11th to enter this contest. I will announce the winner of the Card Creations issue and 1-year subscription to Paper Crafts Magazine later that Friday here on my blog and on Facebook. There’s not too much time to enter, so enter now!
Until next time…
Stamp Set: Tiny Tags
Paper: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black
Tools: Jewelry Tag Punch
All above supplies can be purchased in My Stampin’ Up! Online Store
Additional supplies: silver twine
- The Old Is Going, the New Is Coming The brand new Idea Book & Catalog is being released next month. So that means many of the stamps and accessories in this year’s catalog will be saying “Goodbye”. So make sure to order any items from the Retired Lists before they’re gone for good! Go to My Stampin’ Up! Online Store to shop the retired lists now!
- Starter Kit Now Only $99! The new Starter Kits are now more affordable…and COMPLETELY customizable! You pick up to $125 worth of Stampin’ Up! product all for only $99! What a great way to start your own creative career! Visit My Stampin’ Up! Site for details!
- I’ve completely revamped my monthly newsletter formats! You can now choose between my monthly Stampin’ Up! Newsletter or my monthly My Paper Moose Newsletter. My Stampin’ Up! newsletter features the latest SU! promotions, a product spotlight, and a technique spotlight (tutorial), so you’ll always be inspired! The My Paper Moose Newsletter will feature my latest products and special offers for my Etsy shop! So whether you’re a crafter, or you just like to purchase handmade, there’s a newsletter for you! Sign up to receive one or both newsletters by submitting the form in the right sidebar!