I meant to get this blog post up yesterday, but Baby Moose refused to take a nap. *SIGH* Better late than never, though, right? So here is another quick Valentine’s Day card project you can whip up in a snap.
These simple mini cards are great for a classroom exchange, for coworkers, or for anyone you might want to send a little note to for Valentine’s Day. And they’re super easy to make too!
I inked up my Heart Pressed Letterpress Plate in Melon Mambo ink and pressed the design onto Watercolor Paper. I added a little Old Olive heart that I cut out using the Fashionable Hearts Embosslits Die for a little pop of contrast. I bet using some ribbon instead would look even more amazing if you want to try something different!
Letterpress Hint: You DON’T need to use craft ink in order to use the letterpress plates effectively. I used Melon Mambo craft ink for these cards, but I actually prefer the result when I use classic ink instead. You can ink up your letterpress plates using Classic Stampin’ Pads in two ways: 1.) Use a brayer. It works beautifully! 2.) Swipe and pat your ink pad directly onto the letterpress plate until it is covered evenly. Only want to ink up a portion of your letterpress plate? Whip out your Stampin’ Spots and pat the pad directly onto the plate, then just wipe off any stray ink with a wet paper towel.
So if you’ve been holding back on purchasing these amazing letterpress plates because you don’t have or don’t want to buy craft ink, hold back no more! Go ahead and start letterpressing, and I’m sure you’ll fall in love with it like I have!
Coming Up: I’m hoping to make some Valentine’s Day treats for the office staff at my apartment complex, so I’ll be sharing those with you on Monday!
Until next time…
Ink: Melon Mambo Craft Stampin’ Spot
Paper: Whisper White, Watercolor Paper, Old Olive
Tools: Heart Pressed Letterpress Plate, Fashionable Hearts Embosslits Die (Occasions Mini), Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
All above supplies can be purchased in My Stampin’ Up! Online Store
- The Occasions Mini Catalog is live! If you would like a FREE copy of the catalog, contact me and let me know! Or you can Download It Now.
- It’s time to Sale-a-brate! Sale-a-bration is going on now! Take advantage of your chance to earn FREE products for every $50 you spend in my Stampin’ Up! Online Store! Plus, earn even more when you host a workshop or join the Stampin’ Up! family! Visit my Promotions Page for more details! CLICK HERE to download the Sale-a-bration brochure.
- Make sure to stop by my Online Store for Clearance Rack Blitz! Stampin’ Up! has added over 200 new items to the Clearance Rack, including some old body style punches, that are priced at up to 80% off! These clearance items are only available while supplies last, so get them while you can. And feel free to add any other things on your wish list to your order too!
- Get Digital! Have you been wanting to try your hand at digital scrapbooking or cardmaking, but aren’t quite ready to purchase? Well now is your chance to give digital crafting a try with a FREE 30 Day Trial of My Digital Studio Express! CLICK HERE for details and to download your free trial now!
- I’ve completely revamped my monthly newsletter formats! You can now choose between my monthly Stampin’ Up! Newsletter or my monthly My Paper Moose Newsletter. My Stampin’ Up! newsletter features the latest SU! promotions, a product spotlight, and a technique spotlight (tutorial), so you’ll always be inspired! The My Paper Moose Newsletter will feature my latest products and special offers for my Etsy shop! So whether you’re a crafter, or you just like to purchase handmade, there’s a newsletter for you! Sign up to receive one or both newsletters by submitting the form in the right sidebar!