Let’s continue our week of quick and easy Valentine’s Day cards with this Super Simple Letterpress Card!
I love letterpress. It is such a gorgeous and elegant technique to use on cards. But here’s a little tip: You don’t need color for letterpress to leave an impression! Let the texture of the debossed design stand alone on your cards and you’ll quickly see how gorgeous letterpress can be without ink.
But of course ink is gorgeous, too. Especially when you keep the color to a minimum, like I did with this card.
What gives this card its maximum impact is the splash of Real Red ink that I used to color just a small portion of the Lots of Love Letterpress Plate before running it through the Big Shot. The eye is automatically drawn to the pop of color. And it really enhances this clean and simple design. A small heart cut out using the Fashionable Hearts Embosslits Die adds a beautiful final touch.
If you really like color, try inking several portions of the letterpress plate in different colors for a whole new look and feel.
This time I inked three of the “love”s using Real Red, Old Olive, and Regal Rose. By using a mix of colors and inking more than one of the “love”s, it gave this card a fun and more casual feel.
Going with this week’s theme, these are some quick cards you can create in little time. Perfect for creating multiples in a short amount of time! If you want to try this “minimalist” letterpress style on one of your cards, here’s another tip: Stack two pieces of cardstock/paper when you run your letterpress sandwich through the Big Shot to create an even deeper and more noticeable debossing of the design. I did that with these cards and it really makes the debossed design stand out more than usual.
Remember that you can purchase all of the supplies to make these cards in My Stampin’ Up! Online Store. And right now, for every $50 you spend, you can earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products as part of our Sale-a-bration promotion. And make sure to read the Moose News section at the end of this post for all of the latest information on promotions and deals from Stampin’ Up!
Coming Up: More quick and easy cards on their way!
Until next time…
Ink: Real Red, Old Olive, Regal Rose
Paper: Whisper White, Watercolor Paper
Tools: Lots of Love Letterpress Plate, Fashionable Hearts Embosslits Die (Occasions Mini), Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
All above supplies can be purchased in My Stampin’ Up! Online Store
- The Occasions Mini Catalog is live! If you would like a FREE copy of the catalog, contact me and let me know! Or you can Download It Now.
- It’s time to Sale-a-brate! Sale-a-bration is going on now! Take advantage of your chance to earn FREE products for every $50 you spend in my Stampin’ Up! Online Store! Plus, earn even more when you host a workshop or join the Stampin’ Up! family! Visit my Promotions Page for more details! CLICK HERE to download the Sale-a-bration brochure.
- Make sure to stop by my Online Store for Clearance Rack Blitz! Stampin’ Up! has added over 200 new items to the Clearance Rack, including some old body style punches, that are priced at up to 80% off! These clearance items are only available while supplies last, so get them while you can. And feel free to add any other things on your wish list to your order too!
- Get Digital! Have you been wanting to try your hand at digital scrapbooking or cardmaking, but aren’t quite ready to purchase? Well now is your chance to give digital crafting a try with a FREE 30 Day Trial of My Digital Studio Express! CLICK HERE for details and to download your free trial now!
- I’ve completely revamped my monthly newsletter formats! You can now choose between my monthly Stampin’ Up! Newsletter or my monthly My Paper Moose Newsletter. My Stampin’ Up! newsletter features the latest SU! promotions, a product spotlight, and a technique spotlight (tutorial), so you’ll always be inspired! The My Paper Moose Newsletter will feature my latest products and special offers for my Etsy shop! So whether you’re a crafter, or you just like to purchase handmade, there’s a newsletter for you! Sign up to receive one or both newsletters by submitting the form in the right sidebar!