Do you love Stampin’ Up!’s Designer Fabric, but don’t know how you could use it? Well, fret no more! Today I’ll be showing you how to make super duper easy fabric flowers that you can use to embellish just about anything! Let’s get started!
You Will Need:
- Circle cut from your fabric of choice. The circle you cut from your fabric should be twice the size of the flower that you want to end up with. (For example, if you want a 1″ fabric flower, then you will need a 2″ circle of fabric).
- Sewing needle and thread
- Liquid adhesive
- Button or brad to embellish
Click on each image to enlarge it for a better view.
Knot the end of your thread and do a basic over/under stitch around the edge of your fabric circle (I’m not a sew-er so I don’t know what the name of that stitch is really called, LOL). Your stitching should be about 1/8″ in from the edge of the circle.
Once you’ve stitched around the entire circle, gently pull on the thread so that the edges gather together. I like to keep a finger in the center of the fabric as I pull the thread so it gathers nicely around my finger. Then I’ll remove my finger from the center and continue to pull the thread until the fabric has completely gathered together. Flatten it out gently so it looks like the flower in the photo below.
Finish/Knot off the thread so the gathering doesn’t become undone. Snip any remaining thread.
Finally, embellish your flower by adding a brad, button, or other embellishment, covering the center of the flower where the fabric edges have gathered.
And that’s that!
Easy peezy, right?! And you can seriously use these to embellish anything! Make them in larger sizes and layer them to create pins you can attach to coats, hats, or bags. Add some bling to the centers for some shiny card candy! Or throw one or two onto a gift bag or tag for some added gift-giving flair!
The beauty of this project is that you don’t need a sewing machine or any real knowledge of sewing to make these. They’re so simple and you can make quite a few in very little time.
THERE’S A KIT FOR THAT!
Want to try making some fabric flowers yourself? I’ve put together a Spice Cake Fabric Flowers Kit to help get you started on the fabric flower train! My kit includes pre-cut Spice Cake Designer Fabric and buttons so you can make 18 fabric flowers that you can use on your next projects! Visit my Project Kits page for details and to order your kit!
But you know what? I haven’t hosted a giveaway in a while. So why not now?
***Fabric Flower Kit Giveaway!***
To Enter this Giveaway Contest: Leave me a comment on this post and tell me how you would use these fabric flowers on a project (1 entry).
That first one is mandatory. But here are a few more options to get yourself additional entries for even more chances to win!:
- Follow me on Twitter @MyPaperMoose or let me know you’re already a follower (1 entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway — don’t forget to tell me your Twitter name and include @MyPaperMoose in your tweet as well as a link to this post! (2 entries)
- “Like” My Paper Moose on Facebook or let me know you are already a fan. (1 entry)
- Post about this giveaway on your blog and send me the link (3 entries)
That’s eight possible entries. Make sure to leave me a separate comment for each entry option you do so that you get all your entries in!
You will have until 11:59 pm EST on Sunday, November 13th to enter this contest. I will announce the winner of the Spice Cake Fabric Flowers Kit on Monday, November 14th! Good luck!
Well, I think that’s enough for today, don’t you think? Haha.
Coming Up: I’ll show you another project you can create using Spice Cake Fabric Flowers! Here’s a hint: Baby Moose gets to model it!
Until next time…
- It’s Good to be the Hostess! Earn an additional $35 in hostess rewards when you host a $350 workshop throughout the month of November! CLICK HERE for details.
- The Big Shot Recruiting Promotion has been extended to November 11th! Do you love to stamp? Want to earn some extra money and run your own business from your home? Would you like a FREE Big Shot Die Cutting Machine or $100 of FREE Stampin’ Up! product? Then join me and the Stampin’ Up! family and sign up to become a demonstrator today! Contact me for more details or CLICK HERE to learn more!
- The Holiday Mini Catalog is live! Contact me if you’d like your FREE copy or Download It Now.
- I’ve completely revamped my monthly newsletter formats! You can now choose between my monthly Stampin’ Up! Newsletter or my monthly My Paper Moose Newsletter. My Stampin’ Up! newsletter features the latest SU! promotions, a product spotlight, and a technique spotlight (tutorial), so you’ll always be inspired! The My Paper Moose Newsletter will feature my latest products and special offers for my Etsy shop! So whether you’re a crafter, or you just like to purchase handmade, there’s a newsletter for you! Sign up to receive one or both newsletters by submitting the form in the right sidebar!