Did you know that my papercrafting hobby actually started as a scrapbooking hobby? I started scrapbooking in junior high just as a fun way to preserve photos I had taken with my very first film camera. I continued to scrapbook all throughout high school and college. But my interest in the hobby faded as I got busier with life after college. Then, Stampin’ Up! came into my life not too long ago and I got into a different side of papercrafting: making cards!
Since I started with Stampin’ Up!, I’ve been hoping to get back into scrapbooking again. I’ve certainly got enough photos that need some scrapbooking attention. But some special photos I had taken at my hubby’s last deployment homecoming last year really lit a fire under my behind. The in-laws had made special plans to fly out to San Diego to surprise hubby when he returned from his deployment, so I had a couple of my photographer friends come out to capture those sweet reunion moments. They gave me cd’s with all the photos on them, but I wanted to present the photos to my in-laws in a more special way besides just mailing the cds to them. So I put together this amazing mini scrapbook for my mother-in-law for Mother’s Day. (Photos in scrapbook are copyright and courtesy of Svoboda Photo).
I created this scrapbook using a couple sheets of 12×12 cardstock. I assembled it so that it could stand up on it’s own and be displayed on a table or shelf.
I didn’t print out every photo that was taken. I just wanted to showcase the photos that I thought would mean the most to hubby’s mom, since I would also be sending her the cds with the rest of the photos on them. To showcase two of the photos I felt my MIL would really love, I matted them and put a little stand on the backs of the photos so they could be displayed.
I couldn’t give these photos their own pages in the scrapbook, so instead I placed them in pockets I created in the back of the scrapbook pages. The photo cds also went into one of these pockets.
My mother-in-law should be receiving this scrapbook sometime this week. I can’t wait for her to see it. I know she’s going to love it. I love it! I haven’t been this proud of a project in a while. I just felt this book turned out so great, especially considering I haven’t put together a scrapbook in years. And I’m so happy I get to share it with you as well as with my family!
So what did you think of my first crack at scrapbooking since I started with Stampin’ Up!?
Well, I’ll be pretty busy this week working on a wedding order for my Scraps of Life line, so you probably won’t see anything from me again until next week. But I do have some great things lined up for you! So, until next time….
Stamp Sets: The Free & the Brave (retired)
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, Early Espresso
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Tools: Stampin’ Sponges, Crop-a-Dile, 1″ Circle Punch, Star Punch
Extras: White 5/16″ Brads, Retired On Board Letters (available in the Clearance Rack!)
All above supplies can be purchased in My Stampin’ Up! Online Store
- The Summer Mini Catalog is now live! Contact me if you’d like your FREE copy or Download It Now.
- May is National Scrapbooking Month and Stampin’ Up! is offering great scrapbooking products at up to 30% off! Visit My Promotions Page for details and to see what products are being discounted!
- The Strength and Hope Campaign is going on now. Help Stampin’ Up! raise money for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation by purchasing the new Strength and Hope stamp set! Learn more on My Stampin’ Up! Website.
- Grab a Grab Bag! While supplies last, you can purchase special “grab bags” in My Online Store. These grab bags will come in three sizes: the $5, the $10, and the $15 grab bag. Each bag will contain a variety of discontinued products that could include a combination of any of the following: ribbons, Accents & Elements, chipboard, Designer Series Papers, and Simply Sent kit components. Grab bags will not contain stamp sets or tools.
- The Stampin’ Up! Clearance Rack has just been replenished with tons of retired and discontinued products, some at up to 60% off! Grab these steals and deals before they’re gone!
- What’s the deal with Hostess Sets? Those are stamp sets you earn by making a qualifying Stampin’ Up! purchase! When you purchase Stampin’ Up! products amounting to at least $150, you qualify for a FREE Hostess Set! View the Hostess Benefits Chart Here