Snack Pouches and YouTube

I remember as a little kid, I always begged my mom and dad to let me get fruit snacks. I loved them all. Especially the ones that were shaped like characters from popular cartoons of the time. And they came in those fun little pouches with the crimped ends. It was always a delight to have my little pouch of fruit snacks to eat during snack time at school.

So out of my love for fruit snacks, I came up with this fun and super easy project so anyone can make their own snack pouches, filled with whatever treat you want! Seeing as Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching, I made some V-Day themed pouches, perfect for filling with candy to hand out at work or at school.

This first sample features the new First Edition Designer Series Paper from the Occasions Mini Catalog. It looks just like newsprint or pages from an old book, so no more ripping apart secondhand books to get that aged look in your projects!

These next samples use the Eat Chocolate stamp set, also from the Occasions Mini. I modified the stamps in the set a bit when inking and stamping to get this look. But it’s perfect for these pouches!

And finally, a couple of other samples I made using the Punch Bunch stamp set, available during Sale-a-Bration. You can get this fun stamp set for FREE when you spend $50 or more in my Stampin’ Up! online store. Sale-a-bration starts Tuesday, January 25th!

So, you’re probably all wondering by now, “How do I make my own snack pouches???” No worries friends! There’s a tutorial for that! In fact, there’s a VIDEO tutorial for it! My very first video tutorial ever! And I’m honestly kind of embarrassed to post it because I seriously hate the way my voice sounds, but I figured you all are worth it ๐Ÿ˜€ So enjoy this tutorial and learn how to create a snack pouch like the first sample pictured above. And I apologize if I talk too fast. I tend to do that when I’m nervous :p

I hope you all enjoy my tutorial! I would love your feedback, but please be gentle ๐Ÿ˜€

18 thoughts on “Snack Pouches and YouTube

1. Dani Holland says:

Just gorgeous – I think the ‘eat chocolate’ one is my favourite. And your tutorial was great, very measured, not too fast – you’ve convinced me that I need to add a crimper to my tools before Easter, so I can make teeny tiny Easter treat bags. Cheers, Dani

2. Diane Barnes says:

You’re projects are SO adorable! I can’t wait to try some of these for my son’s school valentines…you are the best!

3. Laurie says:

Great job! I know what you mean about not liking the sound of your own voice – you sounded great to me. Love the project and your Mickey Mouse sleeve..pjs?

4. Jacqueline says:

Thanks for all the encouraging comments! I love getting positive feedback ๐Ÿ™‚

Laurie, that Mickey Mouse sleeve you spotted is from one of my favorite sweaters I got at Disneyland. My husband thinks I wear it too much, but I don’t think that’s possible :p

5. Jessica B. says:

these are so cute!!! are they easy to open? do you just tear them under where the tape goes?? I’m gonna have to make some of these, they’re adorable!!

6. Donna says:

What a GREAT idea! Your video was perfect, not too fast and gave me time to write down the measurements. Looking forward to your next video!

7. Sherry says:

That was a great tutorial, don’t know what you’re talking about, I liked your voice, now mine is a whole different story! LOL Thanks for the idea, it is really cute! Keep the tutorials coming!

8. Laura says:

Thank you for the tutorial. My 3 year old granddaughter and I have been looking for an easy project for her to help with for her classmates, I think we’ve found it. Thanks for sharing.

9. JohAnna says:

This is a wonderful tutorial! Love it! Love it! You give very clear directions and great tips. I look forward to trying it out!

10. Jen says:

Where do you get the crimper? I don’t do any stamping but I love these for valentines. I like making my children’s valentines for school so I’m always looking for new ideas, so thanks! Tutorial was great too by the way.

11. Stacey says:

SO very adorable. Made my own and linked it to your blog. The entry will post on 3/18. Thanks for the inspiration. I’ll be making a lot of these!!

12. rachel says:

I JUST LOVE LOVE them I teach a scrapbook class at a major craft store also papercreafts, I love your papercraft project, I’ll just say they are DELIOUS :-)!!

13. Denise says:

What a cute idea. I love to make cards and home made gifts. I also love to make cookies and think this will be an adorable way to package then for special treats.